Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Book Review x 030614

The Infernal Devices Trilogy
"How could three people who cared for one another so much cause one another so much pain?"
 
Hey guys, so I'm going to do my first book review and I want it to be about my favorite series of books, The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare. It's the prequel of The Mortal Instruments and the connection between these two series is not so clear unless you're already in the last book but the way she wrote it was just so beautiful. The way their stories connected and the way their lives were so broken and beautiful. Its pretty much about three people who love each other so much but also the reason for each others pain.
 
 
 
 

  • Clockwork Angel
"I believed so strongly that when I first came to London that everything that was happening to me was a dream. That my life before had been real and this was a dreadful nightmare.. But now I cannot help but wonder if perhaps the life I had before was the dream and that all this was the truth." - Theresa Gray

When I first read this book, I really had a hard time because I've been reading The Mortal Instruments for weeks then suddenly, bam, new characters and we're in London. Then, it got interesting when Tessa was saved by Will. I loved how they both love books, which is probably one of the reasons why a lot of people liked this series thn The Mortal Instruments. I can relate to what they feel about books. How they know almost every line in it and how much Tessa freaks out seeing books of her favorite authors. When it got to the part where Camille Belcourt was mentioned in the story, and also Magnus Bane, I was like, "Finally, someone I know!" They're pretty much the same person as they were in TMI but it feels weird that they lived for such a long time. What I really found interesting in this book was Will and his secrets. I hated how he kept pushing Tessa away like, "What's wrong with you? You're so perfect together ya know?" Then the ending was kind of a cliff-hanger when Will asked for Magnus Bane's help or something like that so, yeah. That's all I can say about the first book I think.



  • Clockwork Prince
"Then, if you love him," he said quietly, "please Tessa, don't tell him what I just told you. Don't tell him that I love you."

Wow, so this book started really good by Will Herondale making me swoon with his quote. When he asked Old Mol about love potions, he asked for the opposite, a potion that will make someone stop loving the person that he loves. Old Mol said that there are other ways of making someone stop loving you and when she disappeared, Will said to no one in particular "Not for her, for me." Sorry, I'm not good at retelling stories but if you read it maybe you will be more convinced about what I'm feeling towards that part. HAHAHA. I feel so bad for Will, seriously. Especially when I found out about his curse.  He had to grow up at an age where he should still be enjoying his childhood, I mean, gosh, 12 year old kid, thinking about the sake of his whole family. When I was 12 I think I still play like a 5 year old kid. He was so good a trying to push everyone away from him, but that was until Tessa came. When Will found out the curse was just a lie from the demon, Marbas, he was so happy. He didn't show it that much but Magnus can see the change in him. The light in his eyes. But the thing is, this is just the 2nd book, there is always a problem here, not happy ending yet so, yeah.  I almost died knowing that Jem and Tessa are engaged when Will found out about the curse. It was so devastating. No matter how much it hurts, he let Tessa be with Jem. He wants Tessa but can't break his Parabatai's heart. I feel so bad for him and also for Tessa because he loved both of them. :( At the last part was also  cliff-hanger, Cecily, Will's sister, wants to be a Shadowhunter too.



  • Clockwork Princess
Will had opened the blue eyes that had never lost their color over all the passing years, and looked at Jem then Tessa, and smiled, and died, with Tessa's head on his shoulder and his hands in Jem's.

So, in here, things get a little tough for Tessa and Will. Avoiding each other on the Institute. There were time when they can't stop themselves from expressing their feelings for each other. The time came when Jem was taking more drugs to burn brighter for Tessa, which became one of their problems. When everyone thought Jem was going to die, it was so sad, especially when Will realized it because of the thing he felt in his heart. I mean, I kinda hate Jem when he's with Tessa but I feel so sad when he died. I'm such a Wessa fan. So when they met again, I was freaking out like this is it. HAHAHA. He saved Tessa again but it seemed like Tessa saved him. From the curse that never existed? I'm not sure but all I know is that Tessa saved him. I feel sad coz when Jem became Brother Zachariah he seems different, cold. But atleast he' alive. I'm so happy for them and their family but it never occured to me that Will will die. It hit me without seeing it coming. Its so depressing. The at the ending with Jem, I really didn't like it that much (Wessa 5evs)I mean, she had a chance to be with two people that she loves, why are you so lucky, Tess? HAHAHA. But its a part of being immortal. Its not a new thing especially if you know Magnus. He loved a lot of people, but since they're mortals, they die. You find a new one and it goes on and on.

As a whole trilogy, well, I'll give it 5 stars. Its my favorite series. I think its better than The Mortal Instruments. This book is simply beautiful. Cassie Clare, you are a genius. Thank you for this book, this is just really a work of art. I will never forget their stories. Will, Jem and Tessa will always be a part of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment