Sunday, March 16, 2014

Strings x 031614

I think no one in this world really knows me. No one, even my parents and friends, knows the real me. Although, I think they all have their own versions of me. I am someone's daughter, someone's friend, someone's student, someone's seatmate, someone's enemy,  someone's neighbor. These are some of my different sides. I may be a good person for my friends, but not for my enemies. Things I do may be interpreted differently depending on which side of me you're seeing. We don't intend to make people see only a part of us, it just shows up depending on how they treat us and the duration of your relationship with them. Time has a big effect on us, the longer we are with someone, the more we open up ourselves to them without noticing it. We become more comfortable with them, thinking they're willing to accept us for who we are. There will be times that they'll tell you "You've changed." but the truth is they're just finally seeing the other side of you that only other people used to see. They just discovered a new piece for your puzzle, its up to them if they would want to continue solving it or just give up. Our parents think they know us but the truth is, just like other people, they're just seeing one side of us. They might have known us when we were younger but then we grow up and we meet different people. We get influenced, we learn to keep secrets from them and we become different. Different to the point that even we ourselves get confused about the true us. We do things, good or bad, we never thought we could do. Say things we thought we could never say. We try doing so many things to find ourselves then the next thing we know we're drowning in a sea of our emotions, failures and achievements. Unable to recognize which is the illusion and which is the truth. Stuck in a labyrinth with mirrors as walls. Different image each mirror. Different versions of you for different people. But I guess its a part of our lives, having different sides, for people treat us and love us differently from others too. Its how things work. We all have many sides, like flaws. We're not the perfect circle we used to be after bumping on other circles. We have a huge effect on each other. Its like our lives are interconnected. So no matter what happens, we'll have to accept each other, for we are the reason for each other's imperfections. We influence each other, therefore there's no one else to blame here but ourselves, not just for the changes in us but the changes in everyone around us. We are the reason why we are unable to see our true selves. You can't blame me if you can't see the whole me. I guess you'll have to stick around if you want to, not because I don't want you to see it yet but because I, myself, will have to find the true me before I let others see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment